Friday, October 2, 2009

purpose

The pattern is beyond apparent. This exasperated poetical progress of the past couple years or so has been interesting. It has the followed the journey of attempting to bring some sort of understanding to a troubled mind (mine, I guess), and the struggle that has occurred. Is there a more difficult journey than the search for mental clarity? There are only two tools one has on this adventure: mind and consciousness. Both are omnipresent, but we are overwhelmingly aware and influenced by our mind, while the consciousness, the truest part of our selves, seemingly slumbers, awake when we dream. On occasion, consciousness permeates the unsteady mind, and in various moments things appear clear and right; they actually make sense! In a world that has almost none!

And I've been trying so hard to bring that world of abstraction out of my head and into the real, onto the page, to create some sort of lasting connection, to make some things truly matter, to make life count, to know what vitality is, to have a world worth living in, people worth dying for.

Will I ever succeed? No one can say. But goddamn it I'll try, for as long as I can write, type, speak, think, I'll carry out these thoughts to whomever will listen, if only for a second. I will find my way, I'll get over all these crippling and crippled obsessions, all these needless attachments that drain and drag on, all these hateful people and faithless ingrates I will overcome and cast them into the past that doesn't change. I will make it. Do it and see it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment